So once again, another sibling has taken the plunge and dove head straight into a life of perpetual bliss, or so they say. This past weekend, my beautiful little sister, Emily, married John-soon to be Air Force pilot and more importantly life partner and caretaker of my girl. I always told Emily,(who lived in my basement for more than 2years) Move out! Get out of here before my attitude towards marriage rubs off on you :) Go figure, 6 months later, she is engaged and married to a wonderful man. I could not have hand selected a better person for her to spend her life with, even if that means he will move her from base to base. Sometimes I think it is harder for me to let go than it is for Mom. I will truly miss my best friend...looking on the bright side I now have free lodging in Florida!
And as much as I hated my dress(sorry Em but it is true) and the 104 degrees we all endured outside all day, I can't think of anything more peaceful than having all my siblings(less Kevin-WE LOVE YOU! in Texas) all in one place, in one picture. Wilbur sarcasm and tasteless jokes abound! And watching our children play together. I have been blessed with an amazing family. Makes all those nights stuck babysitting the brats all worth it. I love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I presume I'm excluded from the "brat" category. :) It was wonderful having us all together, I only wish it could have been longer.
104 degrees!
Curse you Weather Gods!
Post a Comment