I am convinced that the secret to having a good life, is truly believing that you are living one. No one person can define another's ideals or perfect scenerio. It is impossible to know what trials or thoughts lead someone down a particular path. What may seem right, good, or otherwise painless for one, could very well be the same thing that doesn't make sense for another. We always think we know what is best for our loved ones, when in reality we should be focusing more inward. In a society so set on cataloging every trend, moral, religion or relationship, it seems contradictory that with all our technology and out of the box thinking, these stereotypes would still remain. Oh sure we have the Women's Right Movement, and the Stay at Home Dad role model popping up, Gay marriage and Single Adults choosing to adopt or have children on their own. Who are we to judge what they feel so passionate about? I find that I constantly encounter a barrage of questions relating to my current situation or lack thereof. Is it so hard to accept a female wanting to be successful and sufficient on her own? Why would it not be ok to focus on raising kids alone? Who's to say that re-marriage after divorce IS the best thing for everyone?
All I know is that sometimes we don't see the big picture and really, do we want to? Where is the fun in knowing all the answers? "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." (Albert Einstein)
My life may not be conventional or even approved of, but at the end of the day I am happy and know that I am lucky, gave it my best shot, and will try again tomorrow. My time is too valuable and too short to give any remaining energy to a less than deserving soul.
...Life can be absolutely phenomenal, and it should be and it will be....
"All that we are is a result of what we have thought." Buddha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Someone's been taking some happy pills lately, eh? :) Just kidding, but I do like this post, too.
While we're talking quotes:
"It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come."
Dalai Lama
That's a favorite of mine.
Post a Comment