Today deserves 2 blog spots. I couldn't fit it all into one place. The past few days I have had a small dose of what it might seem like to empty nest. The kids have been in Hawaii with Scott since last Wednesday, leaving the day a hurricane was sweeping the islands-no warm fuzzy for Mom, but ended up enjoying vacation at the expense of some nasty sunburns(photos shared with Mom that really could have waited). But they learned to surf, boogie board and see a part of the world that is truly amazing. I can't wait to post pictures.
So in the interim of their return tomorrow(I feel like a countdown at Christmas) I have been busy doing a whole lot of nothing. Finding myself recently single again, empty house and a weekend I don't have to work, I decided to start some home projects. This started with yardwork and ended with a long nap. No seriously, I have been productive. Heck, I picked out new paint for my bedroom, decided on concrete to replace the fantastic linoleum in the kitchen and bathroom, and even started to rearrange my furniture. I even spent an afternoon on a road trip with a dear friend I forgot how much I missed.
Overall I found myself a little unsettled with being by myself, but learning the hard way that I don't need to be entertained all the time either and that being alone doesn't mean you are lonely.This 'Kathryn' time has brought out new friends and re-kindled old friendships I never should have let go.
Thanks to "You know who" for cutting the noose and allowing me the freedom to breathe again. The world is now my playground-so if any of you know someone wanting a good push on the swings, send them my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment