
So the past couple of months have been more than interesting and to say "lack of time" would be an understatement. In addition to my regular full time job, I took it upon myself to take 4 design jobs at once, one of which was a TOTAL remodel of a very old Deer Valley condo! Everything had to be done and ready for rental last week. Thanks to all of my family for allowing me to rope them into loading up cars and trucks with all the furniture I had been storing in my garage and helping with the final push to install the properties.On top of working a trillion jobs and my kids complaining I was ALWAYS on my phone, my knee gave out and I had to schedule surgery just so I could do a flight of stairs or sleep through the night. Talk about a great way to get all the work done and finish Christmas shopping. Not the ideal way to spend the holidays, waiting for everyone else to drive you around and do the smallest of things like bring you a stupid glass of water and a pain killer :) but having a deadline was probably good for my Type A personality and forced me to prioritize, let alone relax. Thank goodness for digital cameras too! If I didn't take pics and make movies during all the festivities and on Christmas morning, I probably wouldn't remember anything. Nasty little things, those loritabs. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.
So quick update on the kids.
After tolerating Mom's multi-tasking and late nights, Cord managed to pass and get his 'driver's permit' and is taking the wheel at every opportunity. I am pleasantly surprised that all his "back seat driving instructions" all these years, has really paid off and he is so observant and safe! Probably doesn't hurt that he is learning behind the wheel of a Range Rover. I was definitely in the minority, being one of the few Mom's who couldn't wait for him to start driving! Cord is snowboarding at every chance, getting the art of convincing anyone to drive him up the canyon down to a science. It works out nice that I am able to take him and his buddies up with me on the way to work whenever possible, even if that means missing a day of school :) He is still focused on becoming a pro, but not at the expense of maintaining great grades at Bntfl High School.
Chloe is still spending more time playing soccer with her State Team, than most of us spend sleeping. She loves the sport and is determined to get a scholarship! And she is only in 5th grade! She is a straight 'A' student and the most amazing social butterfly I have witnessed. Her ability to multi-task is only second to her Mother. If you were to ask her what her biggest accomplishment to date is, it wouldn't be the invitation to Italy or the win last week against Sparta.....it would be shaving her legs. Every present was overshadowed by the electric razor and shaving cream she discovered in her stocking. Talk about a great bonding moment, showing your 11 year old the art of shaving, something all women do daily without thought, and having the privilege of watching her grow up right in front of you.
Colin has mastered his xbox 360, beating any game within a day or two, learning how to download songs to his IPOD, and keeping his room clean. This little guy is so organized and technologically savvy! He is top of his class, reading at a 6th grade level. I don't care what people say, computer games, video games.....all those advance words and instructions teach something. And he still loves to grab a good book and read before bedtime. Now if I could just convince him that going to bed before midnight was not 'punishment.'
So in a nutshell, my children are doing well and are the light in my day, and my family has been amazing. Thank goodness for them picking up my slack while I was helpless on my back. I love the holiday's and having all my 'chickens' in one place. I found brief peace (and a great distraction after a devastating break up) doing my passion and hobby for great trusting clients, and yes, I am still single. Maybe one day I will have time to pursue that missing piece. As for now, I think I better use the last few remaining moments before I have to go back to work to plan a great vacation!
3 comments:
The holidays would be drastically deficient without you and your kids being around Kat!
Chloe taught my Guitar Hero, Colin and I discovered how NOT to go over sledding jumps, and Cord reminds us all how cool we could have been in high school. :) *laugh*
We do miss being up there, though. Watching the kids is the easiest way to get free pizza! :)
Such outstanding interior designs, Kathryn! I'll never know how you do everything that you do! You're the best! Keep flexing that knee--it's bound to catch up to the strength and agility of the rest of your athlete's body before you know it!
Hi!! I realize you probably won't find this comment for another few months since you never seem to update this blog. In any case, I just wanted to say hi and I love you! Oh, and write something soon. It's a good way to see what you're up to. Like going to AZ, for example! Love you, sis.
Post a Comment