Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Ok. Here it comes. 24 hours left to sin and never look back. Boy can I tell you I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow. I hope work understands my multi-tasking :)

I have decided on at least a half dozen new year's resolutions already and am bound and determined to stick to it. Oh sure I have the usual loose weight, make it to the gym every day, drink less and play more. I added 'visit another country' and 'focus on being happy about where I live now' (which really isn't that bad if my neighbors would stop calling every time they see a car in the driveway they don't recognize...don't ask.)

There are only 2 days in the year that have this much motivation for me. New Year's and my Birthday. And since I have failed miserably on the last 6 month's resolutions, I use this "do over" as much to my advantage and everyone else re-newing vows on Sunday.
Why is it that the world make such a big fuss over one silly night? Why couldn't we have picked a beautiful summer night to celebrate such a thing? I suppose it is summer somewhere for someone else's night of debauchery. Kinda like it's always 5 o'clock somewhere for me...

But long story short I need some moral support here. Anybody want to start an online support team for new year's resolutions that really are a bunch of crap? I figure that as much time as we are all spending on facebook, email, instant messaging, text messaging and updating our blogs...surely someone will check in on me! Oh yeah, that will be my neighbor again.

So to everyone making a resolution or some silly promise that '09 will be THE BEST YEAR EVER (please) then I say, best of luck to you! And if we fail? There is always the next day, and the next day, and the next day....

4 comments:

Dee said...

You are doing so well so far. Two updates in two days. I am shocked. That is a good new years thing to do. Update more often. You are so entertaining. Freaking neighbors. Are you still causing trouble over there?

Sandi said...

I am also so proud of the this blog updating......

Way to go Kat! I LOVE the way you write so keep it coming!

Beck said...

i'm so sick of hearing from you! Please stop writing (haha... you know I love you and I'm just kidding) So....really? I think new year's blows and so does every other freakin' holiday! Can you tell I've checked out and I'm done?! I need a beer! haha

so Vegas huh? How fun would that be?!!! I could get in a lot of trouble in Vegas in my current state of mind... and I'm okay with that! LOL

Love ya, girl! Miss ya like crazy!

Dee said...

You can't get into my blog because I do not have one. I finally got back into that facebook thing but I don't even know how to do that. Nickale was shocked that Cord even remembered her. She is a funny girl.