Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday evening and I have been spending all afternoon planning my little sister's bridal shower for this weekend. I ordered the pasta salad, meat and cheese tray, and soup courtesy of the neighborhood deli. I made sure my pick up time would allow me enough time to transfer everything into my own containers so that I can still try to pass as holly homemaker to my relatives. But all this wedding stuff makes me wonder why such a fuss over this pre-concieved notion that we must all find our "soul mate" and live happily ever after. Does anyone live happily ever after really? The intitution of marriage really got off track over the years. Okay, maybe I am a little jaded, but I truly believe that you can find that one special person to share your life with, only you should have one of your own too, a life that is.

No comments: