Monday, June 25, 2007

I am convinced that the only person who reads my blog is my sis and only because she seems to really be intent on keeping her's updated daily-because I do check her's. I am constantly amazed at how sarcastic and witty my siblings are. Did we grow up in a household so cramped with arms and legs that a sense of humor was required, no, critical, in keeping us from beating the living tar out of one another(other than that one time-sorry Alan)!!

Tonight I took my kids up the canyon to make smores. I forgot how much I really hate smores. One marshmellow and I'm out. Gross Gross Gross. Building the campfire and exploring my 'inner pyro' is really my only reason behind dragging everyone and 2 stacks of firewood 300 yards to find a small slice of "wilderness" just a few feet from the road. Cord even came with us which is a real treat because as he grows older, my time with him seems more and more scarce. He brings such a fun twist to our outings, again that family sarcasm that obviously rubbed off on my kids. He has truly become the man of our house! One of the best parts about being a mother is watching your kids grow into young adults and take on their own opinions and attitudes, no longer seeing the world through your eyes. Somehow I must have done something right! Take that Mom... I don't have a little me :) As much as I love babies and experiencing that first word, first step, first everything, I find the adult version of my children much more fascinating. That and the prospect of empty nesting before 40 has it's pros too.....not that I'm counting.

4 comments:

Jeffrey said...

A whole post about going up the canyon and no mention of me? *sigh* Fire fingers and all. :)

And hey, see? This proves someone other than "sis" reads your blog. So there.

I've learned through my various web site excursions, though, that the trick is not to worry about whether visit or not, just to write for yourself. Of course, it helps that I entertain myself so well. :)

kat said...

thanks jeffy. of course the canyon could not have been complete without you and your desperate need to prove to us all that marshmellows do in fact cook if placed appropriately on the ends of your fingers...
thanks for reading. i will return the favor!

tami said...

Give it time...you've only been blogging for a few days! Besides, all you really need is for ME to read it cuz I'm the only one who matters :) Seriously, though, I think the best thing about blogging is that you end up with a sort of journal that you never would have had otherwise(because, let's face it, I KNOW you don't keep a journal!)

Unknown said...

Oh, Kathryn...I love to read your blog. And yes, you and your siblings are incredibly witty and talented writers! I just keep reading and wondering at what point I will start my own! Keep writing and maybe I will soon get up the guts myself! Love it...