Wednesday, September 5, 2007

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL


Well, eventually this day comes. Mom loves it, kids hate it. What could be better than the first day of school? Chloe started 5th grade in her spectrum program, Colin is in 3rd grade, and Cord started High School. 3 kids-3 schools-3 aspirin. No seriously. I love this day. It marks the first day of decreased babysitting expense for me! A little crazy that I have been forced back into the High School scene when I swear I just left. Same teachers and counselors now overseeing my son! My only word of advice to Cord was, "if anyone asks about your last name, just answer 'No, I don't know Scott or Al, why do you ask?' and proceed to bring your Mom into the conversation" He got a good laugh outta that.
I share this picture of Chloe and Colin on our way out the door that morning. Cord was already at school by this time, but he was there with us in spirit I am sure. Okay, maybe not, but just know I did not intentionally leave him out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful children! And I really think they were just as excited as you to be going back to all of their friends and some structure for the winter months! Your high school days seem like a distant memory to me! Glad you're not getting any older though! mom

tami said...

I cannot BELIEVE Cord is in High School! Crazy. What a cute picture. I wish him good luck in escaping the name....it took me until about 11th grade to finally get teachers to stop asking if I was Kathryn's or Michael's little sister (cuz by then I had mostly honors and AP teachers, and they wouldn't have known you--ha ha)

John and Emily said...

I miss your kids so much! I also miss their mom. :) Tell them all hi for me and give them a hug and kiss. Cord, too, if he'll let you. :) Isn't it funny that you're only seven years older, but you have a child in High School! And I don't even have any kids at all! Weird. :)

Jeffrey said...

So...where have you gone Kat? Your online self is currently frozen!