


Oh my goodness. One week into the New Age Eating Plan and I am getting a little cranky. I have managed to eliminate all animal products, sugar and white flour from my diet so that I don't even crave any of that anymore. But let me tell you how darn hard it is to find anything remotely healthy to eat! Not to mention that shopping in the Organic aisle at the grocery store is costing me a fortune. It is so obvious that this country does not want you to eat better. I have tried more variations of tofu than I would care to share and been through 2 gallons of Soy(with no help from the kids of course.) And then there is the trial and error of eating out. Wow. I think the reason vegans, and vegetarians for that matter, are so darn skinny is because they can't find a freaking thing to eat!!! So I have reluctantly decided that a little sushi once in awhile is gonna be OK. I have to have to some indulgence....
This past week has been filled with preparations for Halloween, which are nothing close to the extravaganza that my brother has put together in his yard. We ordered costumes (yes, mother of the year) , put out some "yard art" and went to the pumpkin patch. Cord was even gracious enough to come with us, though he is "SOOO too old for the pumpkin patch."
Of course the minute we came home, Colin and Chloe had to carve their pumpkins even though I cautioned their little faces would be all rotted out and sunk in by Halloween. No matter, they went right to work anyway and quickly set them on the front porch, candle lit and all. Sure enough, it took all of 5 days for them to more closely resemble the pumpkins you stole from the neighbors porch and rolled down 1800 South to see how many cars they could avoid and how far they could go..Oh, whoosh-I stumbled back in time. Sorry about that.
This past week has also been filled with more new found entertainment or activity for me. Seems this single life really brings out the exploratory part of your soul. I signed up for and started a cardio-dance class with a friend ( to those who truly wonder I will tell more detail in person) and also joined a women's indoor soccer league. I now have my nights without kids filled with activity. Only took me 2 months, but I feel so accomplished.
So life at the Christiansen's is full speed ahead. Leaves are falling ( I HATE raking) and the weather changes faster than my moods. Gotta love fall in Utah. I am actually wishing it would snow, just to justify the temperatures and force mother nature into one season or another.
2 comments:
I loved everything you wrote until the phrase "I wish it would snow."
Please, please, please, never say such a thing again!
:)
Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on. I want to hear about these classes you've signed up to take. And that's so cool about soccer! I wish I was there to come cheer you on!
Well, I can't really relate with you on the cold temperatures, but if it's any consolation, I actually wore a long sleeve shirt the other day. It is, afterall, in the low 70s now! I know -- freezing! :)
Cute pics of the kids. I miss them SOOO much! Please tell them how much I love them!
Post a Comment