Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camping-Attempt #1


Just a quick share of this pic after our overnight trip camping to Cherry Hills. Chloe kept asking when we could go camping, so after much persuasion, ok...only a little, I pulled the trigger and bought a new tent and some sleeping bags and we packed up the car for our feeble attempt at re-creating the wilderness 20 minutes north of home. Cherry Hills seemed an appropriate spot for our first try and to break Colin in slowly to the idea of sleeping overnight. Besides, we could really "rough it" on the mini golf course and the water slides. All I can say is that Cord was amazing getting our tent set up, but next time we are definately going to do this the real way. Hey, I didn't go through 90 days in the desert for nothing. It has to pay off for my kids some way, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

tami said...

So fun that you did this. You're definitely a cool mom. :) Next time, we want to come!!

Beck said...

do you know lonely paul???? scary!!! Anyway... nice job, Kat! I would love to "camp" like that :) we have rough it and hike and smell really bad before we call it camping. You're such a fun mom :)

Sandi said...

I love the pictures, the family, the text, the background...... I just love the whole thing. I will visit often. It is a good way to stay connected! Thanks for sharing with me!

I love you